Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

mmm... 'rabi!

Whenever the vegetable kohlrabi gets mentioned, my two year old chimes in with "mmmm, RABI!!"  (Sounds like cole-ROBBY) to us midwesterners.

I planted a bunch from seed in late April and it's already past due on harvesting and eating.  I was desperate for a snack today so I decided we would go eat out of the garden.  So simple!

In the garden, taking over the chard.


Dragging it inside:





Beg the two year old to please go "help" with something else while you use the knives:
(note to Laura:  He tried to ride the rolls around the room... oh college...)


Skin it!


I cut it into "Rabi Fries" for a snack:



I did it without any dip, but this would probably be the most delicious dip with it (from allrecipes.com)

             Ingredients

  • 2 cups mayonnaise
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 3 tablespoons grated onion
  • 3 tablespoons dried dill weed
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoning salt
And then mix and dip!  You are supposed to refrigerate it overnight, but come on.  Who plans ahead like that!  I say just eat!  


-Meghan


No comments:

Post a Comment