Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rainy Day Activity: Packing Peanut Sculptures

Only five days into my summer break and it's already raining.  What a bummer.  I am thankful every single day that I have a cute little kid to play with, but sometimes we play with every single toy in the house and then I look up at the clock and it's not even lunchtime yet.  Making it from that good mood morning stretch through the tired naptime (mine, he is starting to think he's too big for a nap) can be hard.


Earlier this week I got a beautiful package from Pigeon Toe Ceramics, it was a prize I won from entering a raffle to help fun an accessible bathroom for Liam who has Spinal Muscular Atrophy.  Accessibility and disability issues are a big deal to both myself and Laura so I was happy to buy a ticket even without winning.

Anyway, there were some biodegradable packing peanuts in the box with the cute bowl I won.  I put them out in the garage and decided to pull them out when I really needed something to do.

So, it's really easy to make sculptures with these corn-based peanuts.  When they touch water they get really sticky.  Just dip them in water and then stick them together.  Then, once you're done you can just compost the whole art project.  Unless, of course you make something outstanding!





2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!

    And your little peanut is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do this too! I still marvel that Joanns can sell these in bags for $5!

    ReplyDelete