Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The no HFCS experiement

I boasted a week ago to my husband that I can easily go without high fructose corn syrup.  For 5 days it was so easy.  I was doing a great job without really thinking about it.

But this morning I had a really bad heachache, the kind that needs a quick jolt of caffiene.  I went to the soda machine looking for a diet coke.  But they were all out.  Without thinking I bought and drank a Mountain Dew.  Yes, second ingredient: HFCS. 

So, 5 days. 

I am thinking I need to keep some caffinated tea at work for times like this!

-Meghan

1 comment:

  1. HFCS will sneak up on you EVERYWHERE. We switched ketchup (from heinz to hunts), started making our own pasta sauce (yup, it's in there), it's in applesauce, yogurt, some breads. Did you know that ALL of Subway's breads have it in there?

    HFCS is something hubs and I try our best to avoid and certainly try to avoid giving it to our 2yo daughter.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete