Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Oh No!! Not the Gutter Garden!

I live in a condo complex that has three buildings, each with 35 units.  Our board recently changed management companies.  I thought that this would be a good thing because our old company was really bad about responding to residents' issues.  

I guess in the long run it is still a good change, but as you can see this company is way more thorough when it comes to enforcing the rules and dealing with residents' issues.  I recently got this letter in the mail: 


I called the company, and we are not allowed to have anything hanging from the balcony railings, or even on the balcony unless it is patio furniture or has been pre-approved by the board.  The balconies  are considered common areas, and residents are not allowed to make any changes or alterations to common areas.  Apparently the complex is more appealing if everything looks uniform.  I guess that I will need to find a different solution for my gardening needs this spring. 

2 comments:

  1. That stinks! Seems pretty extremem. Do you think plants in pots could be approved by the board?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming to this late, but aw, shucks, that stinks! It was such an inventive idea! I hope pots will go over okay. We've had pretty good luck with container gardening, as long as we are good about watering!

    ReplyDelete