Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Autumn

Somehow October came up on me really quickly this year!  Weren't we just starting school?

I forget every year what days are the ones when the trees change colors.  Is it October?  November?  Do we snow in November this year?  All of this change is really hard to process sometimes.

But there is so much anticipation with fall.  Waiting to see the leaves turn, choosing a Halloween costume, sewing the costume...

And that leads me to:
My Son Wants to be a Ghost.

How can he be a ghost without looking like a klansman?  Seriously, I think ghost costumes are adorable on little kids, but I also have seen some that forgo the face and put on a white hood.  And that just seems to be a little ambiguious.  Last year his cow costume was mistaken for a rhino, dinosaur, goat, dog (really!? with horns?!).  I want this costume to say "I AM A GHOST!"
I'm thinking a poncho with some gauze?  And maybe a white skullcap?

If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment