Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Hhappy Hhalloween Hhenry!

Here is the simple project I talked about last week. Ok, ok I know that it is not quite Halloween themed, but it is a little bit related. A while back Meghan mentioned that Henry sometimes refused to wear his underwear (he is potty training). She suggested that maybe she should make him some h underwear because he always wants to wear his h shirt. So I beat her to it.

photo

The project was easy. I bought a package of boys underwear from target. I was amazed how hard it was to find little kids underwear that do not already have designs or cartoon characters on them.

photo

Next, I printed out some large h's from my computer. I pinned them to an old t-shirt and cut them out. Then I pinned them to the back of the underwear and sewed them on using a zigzag stitch.

photo

My personal favorite are the black skull pair with the orange letters. Very halloweeney.

photo

photo

You could do this with pretty much any letter, although some would be a little bit tougher to sew on than others.

photo

photo

-Laura

1 comment:

  1. Just to clarify, Henry doesn't fight underwear because he would rather wear a diaper. No, he would rather wear nothing but his Hh shirt. All the time.

    He wore his Hh underwear on Thursday night while I was at conferences and when we did a video chat over the phone he tried to hold the phone up to his bottom so I could see the h-ess-ess. Most wonderful unnerwears ever, Big Laura!

    -meghan

    ReplyDelete