Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mei Tai Baby Carrier

First, I would like to apologize for the poor quality of these photos.  I took them over a year ago, before we started our blog.  


Meghan has a really nice Mei Tai carrier that she bought online from a woman who sews them.  My sister tried it out once and really liked it.  I wanted to get her one for her birthday, but unfortunately it was a little bit out of my price range.  I think that Meghan paid around $120 for hers.  So I thought that if the woman selling them online could sew them so could I!





Meghan was kind enough to measure every last side, corner, and angle of her carrier so that I could make one with the same dimensions.  After calculating how much fabric I would need I went to the store to pick it out.  This was actually the hardest part!!  I think I spent hours at the fabric store.  My sister has one daughter, but I still wanted to make it gender neutral.  I figured that made it more versatile for future children.  I also was not sure if my brother in law would want to be seen in public wearing a bright pink carrier!  I came up with dark brown and baby blue solids because they look nice together, and those were my sister and brother in law's wedding colors.  I did not want it to be too boring, so I added the Chicago skyline to each side.  My sister and brother in law are both architects.  (I know, I know, this is the same as the iPhone case, but I actually made this one first).


It turned out better than I thought it would, but it was pretty time consuming.  Someday I plan to make another one, so when I do I will make a tutorial to go with it!


- Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment